Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asian style vegetables, or 1 pound fresh vegetables (such as carrots, onions, broccoli, peas, or zucchini)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked chicken, pork or tofu, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add eggs and scramble. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
- Add small amount of water to pan and cook vegetables until tender crisp.
- Add cooked rice, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir to heat through, breaking up lumps by pressing against pan.
- Add cooked chicken and cook until heated.
- Add green onions and cooked egg, and heat through.
- Serve with soy sauce or hot sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use leftover ham or pork in place of chicken.
- Use brown rice to include whole grains.