Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 2 medium apples [3" diameter])
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the baking pan. Top with apple slices and raisins and sprinkle with sugar. Spread remaining crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 °F for 40-50 minutes. Cool and cut into 12 bars.
- Substitute ripe pears for apples
- Serve warm topped with vanilla yogurt