Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 9
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups berries, fresh or frozen (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, or a mixture)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, water, and 2 cups of berries. Mash berries if desired.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining berries. Mash if desired.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours, for up to a week.
- Serve with Favorite Pancakes or Applesauce French Toast.
- To freeze the sauce, replace the cornstarch in the recipe with Clearjel or Clear Jel, a special type of cornstarch.