Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 cup uncooked white or brown rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine almond milk and rice in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes with the lid on until the rice is soft.
- Add sugar, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon. Stir and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add your favorite berries to the top for some color and a yummy taste!
- Add an extra cup of almond milk for a creamier texture.
- No almond milk? Use non-fat or 1% milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract.