If you have celiac disease, it is very important that you receive counseling from a registered dietitian who specializes in celiac disease and gluten-free diets. An expert can tell you where to buy gluten-free products, and will share important resources that explain your disease and treatment.
A dietitian can also provide counseling on conditions that commonly occur with celiac disease such as:
The following organizations provide additional information:
- Celiac Disease Foundation -- www.celiac.org
- Celiac Support Association -- www.csaceliacs.org
- Gluten Intolerance Group -- www.gluten.org
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/celiac-disease/pages/overview.aspx
- Beyond Celiac -- www.beyondceliac.org
- US National Library of Medicine -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/celiac-disease
Resources - celiac disease
Review Date 11/12/2016
Updated by: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.