The goal of MedlinePlus is to present high-quality, relevant health and wellness information that is trusted, easy to understand, and free of advertising, in both English and Spanish.
We appreciate your efforts in teaching people how to use MedlinePlus. Here are some training resources which might help you with your classes and outreach activities.
Resources for Using and Teaching MedlinePlus
- MedlinePlus for Public Librarians. From the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, July 2019
- Using PubMed, MedlinePlus, and other National Library of Medicine Resources. From the Federal Depository Library Program, May 2018
- Measles, Immunizations, and Finding Accurate Health Information with MedlinePlus. From the Federal Depository Library Program, July 2019
- Additional classes from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- About MedlinePlus
- What’s New
- Articles about MedlinePlus: PubMed, NLM Technical Bulletin
- Citing MedlinePlus
- MedlinePlus Search Tips
- Subscribe to the My MedlinePlus Newsletter and other updates by e-mail or text
Finding Quality Health Information Online
- Evaluating Internet Health Information: A Tutorial from the National Library of Medicine (PDF version)
- MedlinePlus Guidelines for Links
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- MedlinePlus Page: Evaluating Health Information
Have you created materials you would like to share with other trainers or librarians? If so, please contact us.