Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries, any type
- 1/2 cup beets, canned or cooked
- 1 small frozen banana (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a thicker smoothie, use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit.
- Try adding 1/2 teaspoon vanilla if you use plain yogurt.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.