Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey or smoked turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped (about 1.5 stalks)
- 1/4 cup diced red or yellow onion (1/4 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (cider, red or white)
- Mix turkey, nuts, raisins, celery, onions, carrots, parsley and apple in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and vinegar; mix well.
- Toss meat mixture with dressing and chill.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve cold with lettuce and tomato wedges, or use as sandwich filling.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.