Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8.75 ounces) pineapple tidbits in 100% juice
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) beets, sliced/drained or 6 (2" round) cooked from fresh and sliced
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in pineapple tidbits with juice.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add margarine or butter and beets. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.