Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked ground chicken (1/2 pound uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 to 2 medium carrots)
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Water or egg white (for the edges of the wontons)
- Combine spices, cornstarch, and oil in a large bowl.
- Add cooked meat and vegetables. Mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush wrapper edges with water or egg white.
- Fold wrapper diagonally so corners line up, and press edges together to seal.
- Bring the side two corners together over the pouch of filling and pinch to close.
- Spray a steamer basket with nonstick spray. Add wontons so they do not touch. Cover and steam over simmering water for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Freeze prior to steaming for later use.
- Use crumbled tofu in place of meat for vegetarian wontons.