Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 1/2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- Combine milk and broth in a medium saucepan over high heat. Heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed. Oats should be tender and cooked through.
- Stir in cheese and green onion. Top with tomatoes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.