Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds or sticks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add garlic and zucchini then sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other seasonings such as thyme or add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese before serving.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.