Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total time: 25 to 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) salmon with bones, drained
- 1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup minced or grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl break up the salmon and mash bones with a fork. Remove the salmon skin if desired.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Firmly press about 1/2 cup of the mixture into a 1-inch thick patty. Repeat to make 3 more patties.
- Add the patties and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try canned tuna or mackerel instead of salmon.
- Use 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs instead of sliced bread.
- Make your own bread crumbs from stale bread.