Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pasta (try shells, elbow, or bow tie)
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (5 ounces) canned salmon, drained (about 1/2 cup cooked fresh salmon)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 °F in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cooked pasta, salmon, tomato, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Cook until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No salmon? Use canned tuna or mackerel instead.