Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 3/4 pound parsnips
- 3/4 pound carrots
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Scrub the parsnips and carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water and peel if needed.
- Cut the vegetables into 3 inch x 1/2 inch sticks or 1 inch thick slices. Aim for pieces that are about the same size.
- Transfer the cut vegetables to a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper and stir to evenly coat the pieces.
- Place vegetables in a single layer on large baking sheet with at least 1/4 inch between the pieces.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until tender and golden with some browning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.