Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cups watermelon cubes
- 3 cups honeydew cubes
- Blend lime juice, mint leaves and brown sugar together in a small food processor.
- Place melon cubes in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over melon and toss gently.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try with other types of melon such as cantaloupe or crenshaw.
- Try omitting the brown sugar and adding crumbled feta cheese.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.