Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups low-sodium broth (any type)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans or 1 can (15 ounces) drained and rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups diced tomatoes or 1 can (14.5 ounces) with juice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine or butter until soft.
- Add broth, white beans and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and Italian seasoning. Simmer until kale has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped)