Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups low-sodium broth (any type)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans or 1 can (15 ounces) drained and rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups diced tomatoes or 1 can (14.5 ounces) with juice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale (fresh or frozen)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine or butter until soft.
- Add broth, white beans and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and Italian seasoning. Simmer until kale has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 1 bunch fresh kale (about 8 cups, chopped)
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.