Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, chard, collard, mustard or others)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, (peeled and cut in thin strips or coarsely shredded)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash greens and separate leaves from stems if needed. Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and stems, if desired; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.