Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a thicker smoothie, use frozen fruit or vegetables instead of ice.
- Use any type of juice, even juice from canned pineapple.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.