Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds or 1/2 small head - try a mix of red and green)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (try raisins or cranberries)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced apple (about 1 1/3 medium apples)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, stir together cabbage, dried fruit and carrot.
- In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
- Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try thinly sliced bell pepper instead of grated carrot.
- No nuts? Use roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.