Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 7
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine frozen strawberries, yogurt and sugar in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately or freeze in an air-tight container or frozen treat molds for up to 1 month. Frozen leftovers will be very firm. Scrape into serving bowls with a spoon.
- Frozen berries are a good choice when strawberries are not in season. Look for those with no sugar added.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.