Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 2 pounds fish fillets (try any white fish)
- Preheat oven to 500 °F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, thyme, onion powder and paprika.
- Place crumbs on a flat plate or sheet of wax paper.
- Dip the fish fillets in milk then press into the crumb mixture to coat all sides. Discard leftover bread crumbs and milk.
- Place fish on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until the fish is opaque and flakes easily in the thickest part, about 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use leftover cooked fish to make fish tacos or add to salads.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.