Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (1/2 head)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add chicken strips and stir-fry, turning constantly until done.
- Add cabbage and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and seasonings. Add water and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken and cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add bell peppers or carrots to stir fry for color.
- Try stir fry with broccoli.