A Heart-Healthy Recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
This dish is easy to prepare, low in calories, and economical.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Arrange fillets in the baking dish. The dish should be large enough so the fillets do not overlap.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon the tomato mixture evenly over the fillets.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and a lemon wedge.