Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
- Lightly grease a skillet or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To use sweetened applesauce, remove about 3/4 teaspoon of sugar from the measured amount.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
Recipes that make it to Food Hero have had a long journey getting there. Most of the recipes have been used by our nutrition educators in the field and then submitted to the Food Hero team to be considered for the website. Recipes have the criteria found at this link: https://foodhero.org/recipe-criteria.