Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Number of Servings: 20
Tart apples and raisins make for a moist, delicious cake.
- 5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 and 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly oil a 13×9×2-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake slightly before serving.