Nutritional support is therapy for people who cannot get enough nourishment by eating or drinking. You may need it if you :
- Can't swallow
- Have problems with your appetite
- Are severely malnourished
- Can't absorb nutrients through your digestive system
You receive nutritional support through a needle or catheter placed in your vein or with a feeding tube, which goes into your stomach.
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Nutritional support and prophylaxis of azithromycin for pregnant women to improve...
- Article: Malnutrition and nutrition support in COVID-19: The results of a nutrition...
- Article: Systematic review and meta-analysis of the effect of nutritional support on...
- Nutritional Support -- see more articles
- Central Lines (Central Venous Catheters) (Nemours Foundation)
- Implanted Ports (Nemours Foundation)
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC Line) (Nemours Foundation)
- Tunneled Central Lines (Nemours Foundation)
- Feeding tube - infants (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Gastrostomy feeding tube - bolus (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Gastrostomy feeding tube - pump (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Jejunostomy feeding tube (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- Nasogastric feeding tube (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish
- PEG tube insertion -- discharge (Medical Encyclopedia) Also in Spanish