URL of this page: //medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/9295.htm

Endotracheal intubation

Endotracheal intubation


Introducing a tube into the trachea to provide an open airway is called endotracheal intubation.

Review Date 11/14/2014

Updated by: Jacob L. Heller, MD, MHA, Emergency Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Isla Ogilvie, PhD, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.