Divorce is the legal breakup of a marriage. Like every major life change, divorce is stressful. It affects finances, living arrangements, household jobs, schedules, and more. If the family includes children, they may be deeply affected.
- Dealing with Divorce (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Healthy Divorce: How to Make Your Split as Smooth as Possible (American Psychological Association)
- Helping Your Child through a Divorce (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
- Divorce Matters: Coping with Stress and Change (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Managing Income and Expenses (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Visitation Dos and Don'ts (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Managing Conflict during Divorce (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy)
- Marriage Counseling (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Tips for Divorcing Parents (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
Statistics and Research
- National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Resilience and rejection sensitivity mediate long-term outcomes of parental divorce.
- Article: Factors associated with relationship dissolution and post-dissolution adjustment among lesbian...
- Article: Breaking up is hard to do: Women's experience of dissolving...
- Divorce -- see more articles