Divorce is the legal breakup of a marriage. Like every major life change, divorce is stressful. It affects finances, living arrangements, household jobs, schedules, and more. If the family includes children, they may be deeply affected.
- Dealing with Divorce (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish
- Healthy Divorce: How to Make Your Split as Smooth as Possible (American Psychological Association)
- Helping Your Child through a Divorce (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
- Divorce Matters: Coping with Stress and Change (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Managing Income and Expenses (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Visitation Dos and Don'ts (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Managing Conflict during Divorce (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy)
- Marriage Counseling (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Tips for Divorcing Parents (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
Statistics and Research
- National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Marriage and Partnership Integrity After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Small Alterations...
- Article: Depressive symptoms and negative life events: What psycho-social factors protect...
- Article: Gender and the Stability of Same-Sex and Different-Sex Relationships Among...
- Divorce -- see more articles