Divorce is the legal breakup of a marriage. Like every major life change, divorce is stressful. It affects finances, living arrangements, household jobs, schedules, and more. If the family includes children, they may be deeply affected.
- Dealing with Divorce (American Academy of Family Physicians) Also in Spanish
- Healthy Divorce: How to Make Your Split as Smooth as Possible (American Psychological Association)
- Helping Your Child through a Divorce (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
- Divorce Matters: Coping with Stress and Change (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Managing Income and Expenses (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Visitation Dos and Don'ts (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Managing Conflict during Divorce (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy)
- Marriage Counseling (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research) Also in Spanish
- Tips for Divorcing Parents (Nemours Foundation) Also in Spanish
Statistics and Research
- National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Journal Articles References and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: A Cohort Comparison of Predictors of Young Adult Union Formation and...
- Article: "Cementing" marriages through childbearing in subsequent unions: Insights into fertility differentials...
- Article: Coping in context: The effects of long-term relations between interparental conflict...
- Divorce -- see more articles