A Heart-Healthy Recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
Enjoy a healthier version of an old dinner favorite.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup regular oats, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp onion, dehydrated, or 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in loaf pan for 25 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F).
- Cut into five slices and serve.