Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (fresh)
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced cooked protein (ham, chicken, turkey or tofu)
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and protein.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding apples or jicama.
- You can use dried cranberries instead of raisins.
- This salad can be prepared the day before and stored in the refrigerator.