Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 16 ounces firm or extra firm tofu (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar (cider, rice or balsamic)
- 1 Tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (try sesame oil)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil (try sesame oil)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- With a cloth or paper towel, press water out of the tofu and cut how you choose: triangles, cubes, slices or sticks.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add tofu and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Drain tofu and place pieces on a baking sheet. Foil on the baking sheet makes clean-up easy.
- Bake until the tofu is firm and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Turn pieces once during baking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try Baked Tofu instead of meat in tacos, stir-fries or skillet meals.