(*this news item will not be available after 08/16/2017) Thursday, May 18, 2017
(HealthDay News) -- Clean sheets may smell better than those you've been sleeping on for a while, and they may be better for your health.
The National Sleep Foundation explains:
- Dirt, sweat, oil and possibly makeup can accumulate on sheets.
- Dirty sheets can lead to skin breakouts and allergy symptoms.
- Dirty sheets also can lead to fungal skin infections.
- Wash your sheets, or at least the pillowcases, weekly.
- Always wash sheets after you've been sick, and wash frequently if you sweat a lot.
Copyright (c) 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
News stories are written and provided by HealthDay and do not reflect federal policy, the views of MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.Recent Health News