- Blood pressure changes throughout the day. It
- is highest while you sleep.
- rises when you awaken.
- is lower when you take a bath.
- Blood pressure is measured in an upper number and lower number. These are called
- systolic and diastolic.
- numerator and denominator.
- a ratio.
- A blood pressure reading below 120/80 is considered
- too low.
- If not treated, high blood pressure can lead to
- kidney failure.
- heart attack and heart failure.
- all of the above.
- Anyone can develop high blood pressure, but your chances of getting it are greater if you
- are overweight or obese.
- are underweight.
- are under the age of 45.
- Many people get high blood pressure
- from others who have it.
- as they age.
- when they lose weight.
- In the U.S., high blood pressure occurs more often in
- people under 30 years of age.
- African Americans.
Healthy Blood Pressure
Quiz: Does Your Blood Pressure Pass the Test?
"Keep the Beat": Healthy Blood Pressure Helps Prevent Heart Disease / Women and Heart Disease / Blood Pressure Numbers: What They Mean / Treatment: Types of Blood Pressure Medications / Healthy Blood Pressure: "It's worth the effort!" / Keep the Beat Recipes / Quiz: Does Your Blood Pressure Pass the Test?
Winter 2010 Issue: Volume 5 Number 1 Page 13