- Allergen and T-Cell Reagent Resources for the Study of Allergic Diseases: This National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) program is to identify the portion of a molecule to which an antibody binds, and to develop immune-based therapeutics.
- Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers: In 1971, NIAID established its Asthma and Allergic Diseases Centers to conduct basic and clinical research on the mechanisms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of asthma and allergic diseases.
- Immune Tolerance Network (ITN): The ITN is an international consortium of investigators in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia dedicated to the development and evaluation of novel, tolerance-inducing therapies in such disorders as asthma and allergies.
- Inner-City Asthma Consortium: Since 1991, the NIAID has funded research on asthma in inner-city areas with the goal of improving the treatment of children living in environments where the prevalence and severity of asthma is particularly high.
To Find Out More
- MedlinePlus: Allergy
- MedlinePlus: Hay Fever
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- National Survey of Lead and Allergens in Housing (NSLAH)