As Director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., oversees more than 18,000 employees. With the support of the American people, the NIH annually invests over $28 billion in medical research. Continue Reading, 'New NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins on Medical Research That Benefits Everyone's Health'
- Facing Diabetes: What You Need to Know
- "Control Your Diabetes. For Life."
- "Stop Diabetes Now!"
- "Small Steps, Big Rewards": Preventing Type 2 Diabetes
- For Men, Ignoring Diabetes Can Be Deadly
- A Diabetes-Friendly Meal Everyone Can Enjoy
- Discussing Diabetes with Your Healthcare Provider
- Teen Diabetes Quiz
From curbing binge drinking to reducing drunk driving, NIH research is developing new intervention tools and techniques to help colleges, students, and their parents… Continue Reading, 'College Students and Alcohol Abuse: New Resources Can Help'
Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) died of brain cancer on August 25, 2009. Throughout his 47 years in the Senate he battled for the disabled, the poor, the uninsured, and medically and emotionally disadvantaged. Continue Reading, 'In Tribute: Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Friend of NIH'